Profile for jeffthegeekCA

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back Again

Ok, so keeping this blog up to date took a turn for the worst. But I beg your patience, I have an excuse. Sure I know April 1st was my last post, however I claim clemency from the wrath of my readers, for over a month now I have been off for medical reasons.

I have gout. I know, the irony is not lost upon my, a medieval re-enactor succumbing to the Rich Man's Disease. Go ahead mock away, but I'll have you know I am in good company, Henry VIII, Nostradamus, Isaac Newton, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Karl Marx, the T-Rex known as "Sue", and many more, were all sufferers of gout.

Gout is a joint inflammation disease in the arthritis family. It is a build up of uric acid crystals in a given joint. No one is quite sure why some people get gout and others don't, but suffice it to say if you don't have it thank your lucky stars. To say it is painful is an understatement.

Now enough with this whining, and on with the blog:

I finally got back to fighting last wednesday, off hand and with my right hand behind be since my right arm is still weak from the separated AC joint, but I fought. It was glorious. Managed a kill or two, but I suspect my victims took the kill out of mercy and not out of the hits actually having enough weight behind them to count in normal circumstances, but it was fun.

Did some more defense work with Lilley. Had planned to go to Lady Mary so she could fight in the Tourney there, but unfortunately a snag with the insurance company meant that I didn't get my short term disability check yet and couldn't afford it. No worries though, FOOL is having a Boffer Tourney, and there are lots more events coming up.

Haven't gotten any new signatures on my marshal training forms, but as I said FOOL is approaching, and hopefully I can get at least one ASAP.

No comments: